Inglés IV

Inglés IV

Sunday, October 17, 2010

My High School experience


My memories of high school are very nice, I attended a school that belonged to the Masons, where he imparted an education characterized by being pluralistic, secular and humanist. In this place not only learned the materials of different subjects, also I met people very entertaining and nice, like companions and teachers.

Not all the classes I liked, my favorites were history and music, as teachers were very good and the classes were very entertaining. Had subjects that were very interesting, as a language and philosophy, but in which teachers could not get the attention of students, so the classes became a veritable martyrdom.

Apart from the classic classes, there were extra-curricular activities that were very interesting and fun. I was the first violin in the school orchestra for many years, also participated with my friends at a literary workshop it given law students, and I had the opportunity to attend the Congress of Anthropology of Masons schools in all country, ir carried out in the city of Talcahuano in 2006, was a very educational and entertaining journey.
For all these activities had the support of the school, as well as infrastructure. There were good sound equipment to present the orchestra in the various activities carried out in school as "peñas" and the day of music.

I think the school really influenced my career choice after college, and all my history teachers helped me with my queries, clarifying doubts and sometimes reaffirm my choice. But I think that nowadays, new technologies should be better exploited by teachers, because children today are growing next to computers, televisions and phones, therefore we must "speak in their language" to better understand school subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment